Prolyte Campus – Technical Truss Training at InfoComm
Time: 9am – 5pm
Discipline: Architecture; Design; Education; Health & Safety; Rigging
Description: This educational session will introduce participants to a myriad of technical and safety strategies regarding trussing.
- Learn efficient and safe truss building practices
- Educate students about trussing options
- Review the Technicalities of Trussing (i.e. calculating loads on structures, etc.) and learn how to read load tables in truss.
After attending this session, attendees will be able to:
- Calculate loads and forces on truss;
- Understand best trussing options for various types of projects;
- Understand and initiate best safety practices;
- Distinguish between the various trussing types and;
- Understand efficient truss building methods.
Instructor: Ruud de Deugd, Lecturer and Engineer
About Ruud: With his roots securely founded in the engineering office of Prolyte and trained as Mechanical engineer, Ruud de Deugd flew out in 2012 to combine his expert engineering skills with the daily practise of rigging projects under the name of T&E Support. Swopping his desk to get the smell of diesel on the arena floor once in a while; his unique combination of hands-on skills, insight in rigging projects and engineering expertise, linking theory and practise, makes Ruud a welcome member of our lecturing team. As Product Manager Roof Systems Ruud can be found at Prolyte on a weekly basis and holds responsibility for developing and maintaining Prolyte’s portfolio of Roof systems.